This release is not essential and does fix some issues, but nothing major. I consider it same as Advantech bug fixes and some goodies release. Below is my list of stand out changes. Full release notes are here Release Notes.
- Support for 802.1X Authenticator
- Configuration File Parameters increased to 1000 lines
- This helps when you want to have few User Modules and as some do have a lot of configuration parameters. Now they all fit into the configuration backup file. Nice.
- Firmware Update Improvement
- The process of firmware update was improved for devices with eMMC memory. One of the benefits is that the firmware update time was reduced significantly. I have noticed this on ICR-3232 and ICR-3232W units. It is very fast.
- Fix Linux Kernel Vulnerability
First published at viimto