mVIBE - wireless vibration and ultrasound meter for industrial application
Three-dimensional measurements within 0Hz to 1,5 kHz frequency range can be made with a built-in MEMS sensor. In combination with 3D high sensitive silicon gyroscope it allows for determination of mVIBE movement in 6D space.
Measurement capabilities are complemented by an ultrasound microphone, which registers sound in range up to 51 kHz. It’s a tremendous tool to detect shocks, which occur in damaged bearings and gearboxes. Together with the dedicated software they allow to detect leakage in compressed-air systems.
- WiFi interface
- High quality 2D piezoelectric vibration sensor
- 3D MEMS accelerometer
- Ultrasonic microphone
- 3D MEMS gyroscope
- Phase marker input
- Autonomous operation mode
- High capacity Li-ion battery (8 hours)
- 40 x 40 x 30 mm dimensions
- Mounting with M6 thread, magnet or by touch
- Free analytic software for Android available in
Google Play: mVIBE App
Piezoelectric accelerometers are a main source of signal, which measure vibrations in two directions. Their outstanding parameters combined with 24-bit signal conversion allow to achieve accurate measurement results without necessity to change measurement ranges. Wide frequency band (0,5 Hz to 20 kHz) satisfies requirements of the most applications connected with technical condition assessment or damage diagnostics of machines and building constructions.
The WiFi is used to transmit the measurement information from mVIBE sensor to a smartphone or a tablet. In permanent monitoring systems it can be sent directly to local or external diagnostic cloud via a local network. The mobile phone or tablet with mVIBE application serve as user interface. This provide flexibility and easy of use of mVIBE multi sensor unit.
In the basic version mVIBE operates with mVIBE App available in GooglePlay. It creates fundamental tool for machines technical state evaluation and fault diagnosis. The advanced options covering signal storage in database, localisation structure with NFC identification, fully configurable detailed signal analysis functions are offered by mVIDIA/mVIDIA cloud software. Detailed information is available at www.alitec.pl
mVIBE is powered by internal Li-Ion rechargeable battery. Its high capacity ensures operating time up to 8 hours (continuous measurement with data transmission). The sensor can be attached to the investigated object by magnetic holder or M6 screw thread. Optional magnetic holder for curved surfaces is available.
Software functionality covers
- Possibility for adjusting of a measured vibration parameter to the most of obligatory standards in machine and civil-engineering structures technical condition assessment
- Using of root-mean-square (RMS), peak (amplitude, 0-P) and peak-to-peak (P-P) values for vibration acceleration, velocity and displacement in arbitrary frequency range in 1 Hz – 25,6 kHz band
- Possible definition of 3 alarm thresholds for vibration level
- Ultrasound leak detection in compressed air installations
- Sound signal for instantaneous exceeding of alarm threshold
- Vibration frequency spectrum plot, resolution of 1Hz
- 4 markers for frequency spectrum plot with markers of harmonic frequencies and sidebands
- Vibration time waveform plot
- 4 markers for a time waveform plot with automatic repeat
- Presentation of numerical values on a plot
- Saving of plot view settings as a graphics file
- Export of frequency spectrum and time waveform to a text file in CSV format
- On-line operation
- Readout of transducer precise sensitivity from measurement device
- Possibility for application testing with the use of smartphone built-in vibration sensors
- Automatic software update
The highest accuracy and precision of the mVIBE sensor is confirmed by piezoelectric sensor calibration certificate issued by Polish Central Office of Measurement.