The FIRST and ONLY Carbon Fiber Filament
Part of Nylon Carbon Fiber Filament Technical line.
- Carbonium Nylon. TreeD uses only fibers, not powders. Because it’s not “Powder Carbon” but “Fiber Carbon”.
- 100% tested and working. After months of development, Carbonium is ready to be easy printed.
- It is ideal for high-end mechanical applications, thanks to its high tensile modulus.
- Its very low hygroscopy means you DO NOT have to dry the filament anymore before using it.
Suggested printing specification
- Extruder temperature - 230 C° +10/-5
- Bed temperature: 100C° +15/-10
- Build surface material: kapton tape with glue, buildtak with glue
- Print speed: 60 mm/s
- Fan: 0-40%
- Minimum nozzle dia: 0.40 mm
CARBONIUM Tips & Tricks
0.4 mm is the minimum diameter of the nozzle with carbon fibers reinforced. Carbon fibers are abrasive, we suggest to use a nozzle in hardened or tempered metal, like Widia, or wear resistance internal surface, like ceramics or other. NO tefloned surface!
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Density: 1.07 g/cm3 (ISO 1183)
- Water absorption: 1.1 % (ISO 62)
- Tensile modulus: 8000 MPa (ISO 178)
- Melting point: 178°C (ISO 3146)
- Flexural Modulus: 6800 MPa (ISO 178)
- Stress at break: 110 MPa (ISO 527-2)
- Volume Resistivity: 1,00 e+11 ohm/cm ( ISO 60093)